What's It All About?

Hi! I am Michaela. I have loved history since I was six years old. I was reading chapter books about Abraham Lincoln by then. When I was seven I started to learn and read about more United States presidents and their lives. I became fascinated with history. In this blog I will share with you my love for history and the things we learn from the past.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Guess who I am posting about next?

I am going to tell you some clues and you can comment and tell me who you think it is.  Here are the clues.

.  He was born at Stratford Hall in 1807.
.  He married Mary Custis Bottom at the Arlington House.
.  He refused an offer from Abe Lincoln to be a Union general.
.  He died October 12th, 1870 at the age of 63.

So guess who! I'll be waiting to see who you think it is. Please post your guess in the comments section.

6 comments:

  1. Although I love history I don't know much in US history specifics - I'm Australian - and I'm probably wrong, but is the answer Robert E Lee?
    Looking forward to visiting your blog often...
    hugs and blessings from Australia,
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it was Robert E. Lee also.

    Your blog is great, I'll check back often.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, now you are quizzing us! :)

    I didn't know so I googled it and found Robert E. Lee.

    The Arlington house clue should have tipped me off since I just visited Arlington National Cemetery last summer.

    I can't wait to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert E. Lee..and I think I learned on the PBS Civil War series that she was distantly related to Martha Washington. Thanks for the quiz. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Canada so I don't remember every detail of my high school American history class, so I will agree with all the other comments :) I just wanted to comment and let you know this is fun. We must be life long learners and you are helping us in that regard. Many thanks, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the quiz! though i wasn't sure who it was until i read all the other comments! ha! can't wait to see what you post next... xo

    ReplyDelete